Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Gift


I had such a sweet experience this morning. Luken and I went to the Carousel, as we do several times a month. He rode and then asked if I'd ride with him. I asked the pony keeper, and even though I hadn't paid, she said yes. So I climbed on. 



Even before the ride began, I felt Luken relax against me. He was happy and laughing. Around and around we went, laughing and completely enjoying being in each other's presence. It felt so good! 

Then the ride ended and I felt the usual rigidity return to his small body. That three minute ride had a big impact on me. Luken doesn't relax. Not even really when he's asleep. So feeling him relaxed and happy against me was a big deal. It was such precious gift. 



For those of you who don't already know, A Carousel for Missoula offers free rides to persons living with a disability and their attendant.

hbk







No comments: