Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Cold Spell

It's cold.  And by cold, I mean 20 below zero F.  For this part of the state, that's cold.

It's cold for my chickens too.  Too cold for a couple older ones.  I noticed they weren't moving earlier today.  So I scooped them up and brought them in the house.  Put them in a dog crate which is now in our dining room.  They both ate.  That's a good sign.  I'll keep them inside for another day or 2.  Let them thaw and recover.  Poor old birds.

My duck, on the other hand, thought that today would be a great day for a bath!  Yup,  she sat in her water dish and took a 20 minute bath.  Got soaking wet (on the outside at least) and very carefully cleaned every single feather.  When I went out to check on everybody coupla hours later, DuckDuck had hoary frost all over her back and wings.  I wish I had had my camera with me because that would have been a neat picture.





No comments: