Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Health Update

I have a reactive airway. Something about this common cold went wrong. It got derailed. I got really sick. I've been to the doctor three times. Yesterday's visit finally seem to be helping. I feel I've turned a corner. The pleurisy is better. It hardly hurts at all anymore unless I get into a coughing loop. The asthma is better now that I'm using a nebulizer with albuterol. The secretions are less as well. The prednisone is a devil of a drug. It's helping me breathe but it's also majorly screwing with my sugars. And it's making me gain weight which totally sucks. I'm not even trying to diet right now. Mostly just sleeping, breathing, and doing my best to take care of Luken. My sinuses are still quite pissed. I have tons of green stripey snot and my ears are congested as well. All this resting will be good for that I'm guessing. Anyway, there you are. My cold gone wrong.

I'm completely frustrated because we're getting company in a coupla days. We have a full and fun vacation planned with them and it's becoming apparent to me that I'm not going to be able to participate much at all. This is so not fair!

HBK

1 comment:

montanasnowbaby said...

I'm so sorry Heidi. You have been sounding absolutely miserable. And that is the WORST. If you want to just curl up in a ball and cry, you have my total permission!!!!! And I really hope you will feel better in the next couple days so you can enjoy your company!!!