Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Early Morning Streaker

What must our neighbours think?  Oy . . .

This morning, as I was in my room getting dressed, I noticed that the school bus was coming down our street to pick up the little neighbour boy.  I ducked out of site of the window in order to keep things appropriate.

Just then, I hear the front door open and Luken yells, "Hey!"  And then, slam.  I peek out the window to see him racing naked across our front lawn.

The bus stops in front of the neighbour's house.  The little boy loads up.  Luken persists, "Hey!  Hey!  Hi!  I'm saying hi to you!".

From the window, I holler, "Luken, come inside right now!  Luken, remember your privacy!  Luken, stop!"  At the same time, I'm furiously trying to get dressed so I can chase him.

He's not having it.  He runs all the way to the street.  Close enough that the bus has to stop to ensure his safety.  All the occupants wave at him.

Satisfied, he turns around and ambles back into the house.

Oy . . .  my kid.

hbk

2 comments:

Mindful in Montana said...

I have to admit I was laughing my butt off when I read this. Positives:
All the kids will know Luken by the time he starts Kindergarten. And he did get to say hi to his friends!
Hang in there, girl, you've got a long ride!

wildwomanjd said...

So cute! I'm glad he has you to guard him in his vulnerability and innocence.