Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Monday, February 1, 2010

104.8

That's how high Luken's fever was when I went to give him acetaminophen. Scary! In 2 hours, I've only managed to bring it down to 102. I've put a damp cloth on his naked body. I've wrapped his little fat feet in a receiving blanket soaked with apple cider vinegar and water. I've tried and tried to get him to drink. And I just gave him ibuprofen an hour sooner than his next dose was due. I took off his dry diaper and let him lie naked on a waterproof pad (not that I need the waterproof part, he is so dry) because there is lots of bloodflow close to the surface in the genital region and that will help to cool him. He is lethargic and breathing fast. I don't like this one single bit.

HBK

No comments: