Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Reality Check

There are days when I think that my son isn't affected by Autism.  Nope.  He's not autistic.  He's just a little quirky.  But it's not Autism.

And then reality comes giggling in through the front door with the little neighbor boy.

G is exactly a year younger than Luken is.  G came over this morning to play trains.  Watching the 2 little boys play together was quite telling.  G kept trying to engage Luken in play.  Luken, meanwhile, played his own game with the trains, at 100 miles an hour and maximum volume, whirling around G, squealing and screeching at the top of his lungs.  At one point, G looked up at me with a confused look on his face and shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "Hey, I'm trying here but I don't know what to do."

Yup, my kid is different.  And I love him no matter what.

hbk

No comments: