Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Family Hike

Aren't I lucky?

Today was the perfect day for an afternoon hike with the family. We took kiddo and dogs up to the Bass Creek trailhead and hiked up to the log jam. It's a long hike for this fat mama and a long hike for a 3 year old. One website I found lists this trail as moderate in difficulty and states that it's 2.5 miles up to the log jam. Luken hiked most of the way up on his own. I carried him down while he slept crammed between my pack and by back. It felt like his 37 pounds became 50. Whew!

Here's Belle (swimming) and Fizz (waiting to harass her).

Luken enjoyed climbing on the logs along the shore.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


We had a great time though. We need to make it a goal to hike up to the pond a couple times each summer.

HBK

P. S.
Now, several hours after the hike, I can barely move. Oy . . . My EVERYTHING hurts!
hbk