Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Crazy Red Itch Must Have Water Now!

I'm panicked.  I just attempted a detox bath.  Scrubbed the tub.  Put the appropriate amount of pretty hot water in it.  Dumped in 2 cups of epsom salts.  Put a fist full of epsom salts in a glass and added 6 drops of frankincense oil and 6 drops of oregano oil.  Dumped mixture into the tub.  Stirred with my foot and got in.  Within seconds, it felt like my skin all over my entire body was on fire with terrible itchiness.  It itched so much that I hyperventilated and made myself dizzy.  I scrubbed with a wash cloth.  All over and hard.  When I couldn't stand it any longer, I drained the tub and showered off with just water.  My skin is beet red, no hives but feels all prickly and itchy.  I feel like I need to rip my skin off me!  The sensation is so intense that it's nauseating.  So I have a plug of ginger in my lip.  I'm shaking all over and feel very weak.

I'm confused.  I take baths.  I use epsom salts.  I use those oils externally.  Nothing really new except the parts put together at the end of a day like today.  Is it a normal GAPS response to a detox bath to have one's skin react so immediately and so intensely?  It feels better now that I'm out and dried off but I still itch crazy!  i was going to ask my sweet to rub calming salve on my skin because it feels good but now I don't want anything to touch me, not even undies or a sheet.  WTF happened?

Another thing worth noting is that I have an overwhelming craving for pink salt and ice water.  I can't drink water fast enough.  It's like I'm desperate to get it into my body.


hbk

No comments: