Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

GAPS day 3

And I feel like crap.  Or worse.  I swear, everything and then some hurts.  Today I have a thick white coating on both my tonsils.  I didn't sleep well last night.  Tossed and turned a lot.  Took another detox bath this morning, this time with just baking soda.  That felt good and I'm now less itchy.  I'm puffy though.  My hands are puffy enough that it's difficult to make fists.  I'm guessing that it's probably toxins in fluid all over my body.  I'll continue to push broth/stock and water.  I stepped on the scale today (cause it's Saturday) and I weigh 221.0.  That's down 4 pounds in 3 days.  I know it's fluid.  And I know I'm still quite fluid heavy.  Drink, drink, drink, eh?

I know that coffee isn't GAPS legal.  The wean sucks.  I am still drinking coffee in the morning.  Less than a cup today.  With half and half.  I know better than to just stop coffee cold turkey.  Been there, done that.

It seems like the more broth I drink, the more horrid snot I make.  I hope it's my body's way of cleaning house.  Although I suspect I have a bacterial infection and probably tons of yeast in my sinuses.  Not sure how to go about treating it in a GAPS legal way.  I've been taking an Elderberry Elixer that my herbalist mother made for me.  Maybe that will help.

Ok, gonna crawl back into bed.  Have a good day, y'all.

hbk

No comments: