Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, September 18, 2009

You, Me, and a Singed Kitty

So my sweet read my previous post.  She comes in from smoking and says, "I'll be back." and takes off.  Ok.  I commence on my antsy-diaper-washing-wasp-spraying way.  She comes home after about 20 minutes.  I keep puttering away. 

In a few minutes, she hollars, "Heidi, get out here!"  I drop what I'm doing and hurry in to where she is, thinking that something is wrong.  Nope.  She has created a date for us!

There were candles around the living room and a blanket on the floor.  She'd dished up chocolate ice cream and put hot fudge sauce on it.  She made me a mojito and put fresh tomatoes, parm, and fresh basil on crackers. 

We sat there on the blanket on the living room floor, midst all the toys strewn about and ate our icec ream and talked.  It was just what I needed.

While we were talking, one of our cats came up and stuck her nose into the flame of one of the candles.  Oops, singed kitty hairs.  Silly cat. 

Yes, Kara and I have our misunderstandings and differences.  But beyond that, she's so sweet.  She is the love of my life.

HBK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet H.