Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grumble, Grumble.

No, that's not my stomach.

BOTH my Mac Powerbooks are on the fritz. The dinosaur won't stay open - the screen just flops around. The newer one needs a new keyboard because the cat puken on it. The ancient one can't be fixed. The newer one will cost about a hundred bucks to fix. Alright then.

I miss my computer. I find it strange that I feel lonely without it but I'm no less around people now than I was when it was working. Hmmm. . . I think it's about contact. Contact on my terms. It's somehow less easy to offend people over the internet than it is to offend them in person. An, over the internet, I get to have contact when I want to and I don't have to be dressed a certain way or have make-up on or even be very awake. In the 3-D world, if I mumble nonsensical jibberish while slumped against pillows wearing just my undies, that'd be innapropriate. Online, it's just fine. It takes LOTS more energy to have contact in the 3-D world than it does to have contact over the internet. Just a thought.

HBK

No comments: