Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Key of Love

Tonight I watched a show on PBS called Key of G. It was about a young man with lots of life and lots of needs, Gannet. I do not know what his diagnosis was. That wasn't important. What was important was how much the people who cared for Gannet loved and accepted him. His caregivers were just that. They gave him the care that every person deserves, regardless of their abilities. And Gannet's mother, she was amazing. She loved her son and never stopped believing in him.

I wonder, if my child began to show deficits, would I love him as fully and beautifully as Gannet's mother loved him? I would hope so.

Now, my mind can't help but wander. Were those seizures that Luken had? Will they get worse? Will they cause damage to his brain? And if so, will I love him as I do now? Of course I will. He is my dearest boy. I wonder what key his life will play.

HBK

No comments: