Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Milestone!

A week or so ago, after heavy concentration and a lot of coaching, Luken wrote his name for the very first time!  I am so proud of him!


Here, so you can see that it's all there, is a copy that I traced using colored pens.  You can clearly see all the letters.  L U K E N.  


He hasn't done it since but he has mentioned that he did it once.  And that he's proud too.  He recognizes this as kind of a big deal.  

Now, I know that often, children will write their name before the age of four and a half.  I also know that each child does things at their own pace.  So, please, just let me be proud of this accomplishment without pointing out that "he's slow".  My kid wrote his name!  I have a huge grin every time I think of it.  I am so, SO proud of him!  

hbk

No comments: