Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sensory day

Yesterday Luken decided he was too sick to go to school.  He has lots of snot and his ears hurt.  I gave it to him.  

But, if he was going to be home all day, I wasn't going to let it be a dead wasted day.  So I got creative. 

After some tv time, I decided he needed a bath to help decongest his chest.  So I made bath paints.  A good friend, Tams, posted a neat recipe on her facebook page. 


I used a mini muffin tin for the colors. 



Luken used a large soft craft brush.


He experimented with mixing colors.


I set the paints on a stool next to the tub
and let him get to work.


Luken must have had a blast
because here's what
I came back to.


All the colors mix to make a greenish color. 
Who knew?


Mommy, this feels tickley.


My Green Monster!

Cleanup from this project was easy.  Since the paints were made out of baby shampoo, corn starch, water and food color, it all just sprayed off with the shower.  

It was an awesome way to get my sick kid in a hot bath to steam some gunk out of his chest and give him a fun and creative sensory experience at the same time. 

Later, we decided to make a different kind of goo. 
This goo is corn starch and shampoo with a little bit of elmer's glue in it. 

Here we made a monster.


You can see it's 2 wings, it's head with nostrils and eyes, its short forelegs, it's spiny body and long spiny tail. 


Luken was very proud (as well he should have been). 
He wants to dry it.  I think it's gonna crumble into dusty green corn starch but we'll see. 


And on a totally different topic:
This freaky dude showed up in my coffee cupboard this morning. 
Who needs a creepy "Elf on the Shelf" when you have freaky Buzz Lightyear and a snake?  Cripes!

Well, I hope you've all had a great day.  

hbk



1 comment:

wildwomanjd said...

What FUN! Luken is so blessed to have you for a Mom!

Your Mom