Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pelvis

I went to a yoga class this evening. It was a hard class. I worked very very hard! I am proud of myself.

I tried to be a kind witness to my body. I couldn't separate my physical from my emotional. When we did poses that opened the pelvis, emotions overwhelmed me. I wanted to close up. Close up tight. Clench. Don't let it hurt. I knew that the class was safe. Nobody there was going to hurt me. I was there as an adult, by choice, helping my body to come into its power. Why still so terrifying to open my pelvis? During some stretches, I found my entire body shaking and tears streaming from my eyes. I didn't ask. I just witnessed myself. And I breathed.

HBK

No comments: