Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Some Stuff

Stuff - the catch-all word for whatever the user (of the word) wants. Nice.

Fire (EMS) training last night was a blast! I learned to take a blood pressure. Then we "practiced" being geriatric. After that, we ran on a simulated call to a geriatric patient. We found her on her toilet saying that she hurt. Well, it turned out that our patient had a prolapsed rectum. Not funny at all. Nope. But in the simulation, it was hilarious! The patient had a rubber thing of guts strapped on to her butt. The whole thing was priceless. I guess you'da had to have been there to enjoy the full effect.

Tonight on the news, there was a story about a bachelor party that ended up in jail for a string of drunken acts of testosterone goaded stupidity. The judge that they saw today is the same judge that was scheduled to preside over their wedding next month. She informed the groom that if there was a wedding, it would indeed be a "dry" wedding. Totally cracked me up.

It's been 3 or so weeks since I weaned Luken. In that time, I've only had one migraine. ONE! And the daily nagging headache that plagued me for 2 years has disappeared. Awesome! I feel like a whole new woman! LOVE it!

I have cabin fever. No, I'm not stuck inside. I just want to GO somewhere. I want to take Luken to Lolo Hot Springs (with Kara). I want to go to Silver Mountain Resort in Idaho. They have a big indoor waterpark and lodging on site. Sounds fun! I want to go to Vancouver, BC. I want to go somewhere - anywhere!.

Ok, that's enough "stuff" for now. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

HBK

2 comments:

montanasnowbaby said...

I want a rubber thing of guts that I can strap to my butt!! That sounds like GOOD FUN!!!! :) Your job sounds like the best. HA HA

I am so glad you are feeling better. What a relief!!!

I agree the Silver Mountain Resort sounds SOOO cool. We should meet there for a weekend sometime or something. FUN!! Then I could meet Kara!

Larkin Kavanaugh said...

i wanna go somewhere too. here i sit in front of the fire, cranky that my husband is out to dinner (work) and i had mac n cheese and peas. wish i were out dancing or something.