Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Everything Matters

Rilke wrote, "The tasks that have been entrusted to us are often difficult.  Almost everything that matters is difficult, and everything matters."

Yes, yes, yes!  I've been struggling lately.  It's been difficult.  And the things that are difficult for me matter.

What matters?  Parenting.  Being a spouse.  Being true to myself.  Being a good friend.  Engaging in community.  Spirituality.  Searching and learning.  Resting.  Growing.  Healing.  Surviving.  Living.  Being.

Are these things difficult.  Often, yes.  Sure, there are moments when it isn't difficult.  But if you're honest with yourself and those around you, my guess is that you will say that the things that matter most are difficult.  I think that's what makes them precious.

hbk

No comments: