Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Three Weeks and One Day

Three weeks plus one day.  That's how long I managed to stay on GAPS intro.  I tried so, so hard to make it work.  And today I decided that my body needs first to be fed well before it can heal itself.  So, starting now, I'll be doing full GAPS for both myself and Little Bear (he's been on GAPS for over a year now).

Why am I giving up?  I'm not giving up.  I've thought about this.   In the past 3 weeks, my blood sugar has crashed on numerous occasions.  The last being today when I was evidently trying to eat lunch.  Lunch was too late though.  I remember cooking it, sort of.  I remember trying to eat it, sort of.  And I remember my Sweet leaning over me as I sat on the kitchen floor.  Lemme tell you, it sucks to crash.  It feels sort of like coming out of anesthesia.  And it hurts.  All over.  For hours afterward.

So no, I'm not giving up.  I'm doing what I believe is best for my body while still on a path that I hope will help it heal.

hbk

1 comment:

Mindful in Montana said...

I think you are very wise to give up the GAPS diet, apparently it is not working for your body! Love you, wishing you health!