Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tenderness and Hope

"God is our refuge and strength,
     an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

"Be joyful in hope . . . "
Romans 12:12

Today's reading is about hope.  And tenderness.  It's about how God is tender with his hurting children.  It talks about how hope is like an golden cord connecting me to God.  I really like that image.  I cling to hope, as a sort of umbilical cord.  A lifeline.

On good days, or days when things aren't absolutely terrible but I'm feeling some of the pain of living, like today (my body hurts.  i have a migraine.), I take comfort in the idea that God is tender with me.  I like that word, "tender".   God tends to me.

This song comes to mind today.  It's by Amy Grant.  Don't hold that against me.  I like the middle part.  It's a good mantra for me.

"Breath of Heaven, hold me together
Be forever near me, Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven, lighten my darkness
Pour over me Your holiness for You are holy
Breath of Heaven."

hbk

No comments: