Kiss The Fiddler

Ramblings, moments of humor, random thoughts, experiences, insights, simple wisdom, and whatever else I feel like sharing.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Slow Down


Slow down and enjoy the journey.  Ok, that could work.  

Stress happens because I push to have things happen before their time.  Uh, yup.  
That is a good lesson for me about my body.  This GAPS thing is so, so hard.  It triggers the shit out of me having to eat so much meat.  But if I don’t eat meat, my blood sugar crashes and that can be life threatening.  

I want a quick fix.  I want to feel better NOW, damn it!  It’s so hard for me to know that it took me decades to get to where I am now and it won’t happen all at once.  The journey IS hard.  It hurts.  Every day.  It’s work, hard work.  And I know, in the core of me, that I’m doing what I need to be doing.  I can’t say how I know but I do.  I guess that’s the trust part, isn’t it?  

Anyway, onward.  Toward the One.  Toward health.  Slowly, so I can enjoy each tiny triumph, each tiny progress.  Don’t rush, just keep trying.  

hbk

No comments: